• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Califoria annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I'mconfused

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Okay, 4 days ago I married the love of my life. We had agreed prior to the marriage that she would relocate to begin our life together. I live on one side of the country and she on the other. This morning she called to tell me that she will not relocate because her son's father will start a custody battle and that she is not fully over her previous marriage. She is divorced though.
Do you think I could qualify for a annulment? There is no way this marriage can work since she won't make the move to start our family together or consummate the marriage. We had a prior agreement that she would accompany me and now she has retracted that agreement. I cannot move because I'm serving in the military.
What should I do, do I have grounds to request an annulment? I'm falling apart.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CourtClerk

Because you married the wrong woman and because you didn't look far enough into her history and the legalities of her and her prior divorce do not qualify you for an annulment.

Get a divorce

I'mconfused

I hear you. I am fully aware that I let love blind me. I wish things were different but you can't force someone's heart. Thanks for the advice. :(

Silverplum

I hear you. I am fully aware that I let love blind me. I wish things were different but you can't force someone's heart. Thanks for the advice. :(
You're welcome, hon. You didn't need that previous family legal nonsense in your life, anyway. ;)

Thank you, very sincerely, for your service to our country!! :):):)

I'mconfused

Can it get any worse? She just told me she had her tubs tied after she had her baby from the previous marriage. We went in this marriage planning on having children. I would have never married her if I knew she couldn't have children. I feel like I've been cheated. This is not right.

mistoffolees

Can it get any worse? She just told me she had her tubs tied after she had her baby from the previous marriage. We went in this marriage planning on having children. I would have never married her if I knew she couldn't have children. I feel like I've been cheated. This is not right.
You're absolutely right. You were lied to. As has been explained to you, it's going to be easier to get a divorce than an annulment, so get your divorce and start thinking of the future rather than the past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">