• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can another woman put me out my husbands house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LoveMyKids2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? LA

I have been married for 14 years. My husband and I mutually agreed that I move out to better myself. After a year, we agreed we would re-evaluate our relationship. Throughout the year he has continued to support me financially. A year has passed and I'm a changed woman. During the separation, we talked often, spent family time with the kids, and continued to sleep with one another. We talked in Nov. and I expressed that I loved him and wanted to come home. I discovered that he has been seeing a woman and she has been staying in our house, sleeping in the master bedroom. He has only known her for 2 months and he had not discussed it with me or the children. I did not think that was in the best interest of the children. We have two children together. My belongings are still in the house and I have a key. However, he inherited the house from his mother, so I have no rights to it. He wants to file for divorce and I want to work it out. I cannot afford to support my children and barely support myself. If I file, requesting sole custody, would I be entitled to child support and alimony? Does this woman have any right to put me out of the house? (She has threatned to file a restraining order because I went to the house to pick up some clothes and they were in bed together.)The children want me home and I want to be there with them. They expressed that they want to live with me. What are my rights?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

I have been married for 14 years. My husband and I mutually agreed that I move out to better myself. After a year, we agreed we would re-evaluate our relationship. Throughout the year he has continued to support me financially. A year has passed and I'm a changed woman. During the separation, we talked often, spent family time with the kids, and continued to sleep with one another. We talked in Nov. and I expressed that I loved him and wanted to come home. I discovered that he has been seeing a woman and she has been staying in our house, sleeping in the master bedroom. He has only known her for 2 months and he had not discussed it with me or the children. I did not think that was in the best interest of the children. We have two children together. My belongings are still in the house and I have a key. However, he inherited the house from his mother, so I have no rights to it. He wants to file for divorce and I want to work it out. I cannot afford to support my children and barely support myself. If I file, requesting sole custody, would I be entitled to child support and alimony? Does this woman have any right to put me out of the house? (She has threatned to file a restraining order because I went to the house to pick up some clothes and they were in bed together.)The children want me home and I want to be there with them. They expressed that they want to live with me. What are my rights?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
If your husband wants a divorce, he is going to get a divorce. There is nothing that you can do to stop that. It also may be difficult for you to get primary custody of the children, since they have been primarily living with him. He basically has "status quo".

You really need an attorney. Try to borrow the money somewhere.

CourtClerk

I have been married for 14 years. My husband and I mutually agreed that I move out to better myself.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... ok, I had to laugh at that one. Now that I got that out, I can move on.
After a year, we agreed we would re-evaluate our relationship. Throughout the year he has continued to support me financially. A year has passed and I'm a changed woman. During the separation, we talked often, spent family time with the kids, and continued to sleep with one another. We talked in Nov. and I expressed that I loved him and wanted to come home. I discovered that he has been seeing a woman and she has been staying in our house, sleeping in the master bedroom. He has only known her for 2 months and he had not discussed it with me or the children.
You two were seperated. He doesn't have to discuss with you who he's sleeping with (even if he's still doing you). It would have been nice so you knew what you were up against, but he's under no obligation to tell you he's doing you and some other chick. That would have spoiled his fun completely (maybe). As for the kids, why do you think he needs to discuss his personal life with the children? Did you discuss your personal life with the kids? Were the kids in on the decision for you to move out? In other words, it's none of the kid's business either.
I did not think that was in the best interest of the children.
Neither was you moving out and leaving them without their mother for whatever reason, which includes you "bettering yourself," which you probably could have done in the home - however, something tells me there is something MUCH more to this bettering yourself than you're letting us in on.
We have two children together. My belongings are still in the house and I have a key.
ok
However, he inherited the house from his mother, so I have no rights to it.
That's right
He wants to file for divorce and I want to work it out.
If he wants a divorce, he's getting a divorce. You shouldn't want to work it out anyway. He's doing some broad, in the house, while doing you at the same time. Can you find a little self respect somewhere?????
I cannot afford to support my children and barely support myself.
Then get a second job since you don't have the kids and leave the kids where they are. Apparently, they are just fine where they are.
If I file, requesting sole custody, would I be entitled to child support and alimony?
You're not getting any child support because a judge isn't giving you the children. You left them with their father so he could raise them, they are probably going to stay right there. However, you will need that second job because unless he waives it for now, it will be YOU paying child support.
Does this woman have any right to put me out of the house? (She has threatned to file a restraining order because I went to the house to pick up some clothes and they were in bed together.)
She's got the right to tell you to leave the house she's living in. It could get a little muddy in court as it just appears that your husband has a harem. Ultimately, if he doesn't mind you coming and going, she's going no where with that. Why you'd WANT to be there is beyond me, but that's for a therapists office, I suppose.
The children want me home and I want to be there with them.
This is none of their business and none of this should be discussed with them. At. All.
They expressed that they want to live with me. What are my rights?
You have the right to begin financially supporting your children by way of child support. You have the right to visitation and a parenting plan.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">