• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a divorce be annuled?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tawatson

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Mississippi. My soon to be ex-husband just signed our papers and now has decided that he wants the divorce annuled? Is that even an option or should he have contested to begin with or does he still have time?

Thank you for your help.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Mississippi. My soon to be ex-husband just signed our papers and now has decided that he wants the divorce annuled? Is that even an option or should he have contested to begin with or does he still have time?

Thank you for your help.
A divorce can't be annulled.

You have two options. If the decree has not been finalized by the judge, you can tell the court that you're not going to continue with the divorce. If he is the one who filed it, he can drop his filing at any time. To proceed, you'll need to file a new divorce action.

If the decree has already been signed by the judge, then you can get remarried.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">