+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation can a divorce be automatically granted after living apart for so many years?

What is the name of your state? OH My husband and I have been legally separated for almost five years. We have not seen or spoken during that time as there is a restraining order against him until the divorce is final. There are no children as a result of this marriage which lasted seven months.

Last edited by KChambers; 03-30-2005 at 09:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KChambers
    What is the name of your state? OH My husband and I have been legally separated for almost five years. We have not seen or spoken during that time as there is a restraining order against him until the divorce is final. There are no children as a result of this marriage which lasted seven months.

My response:

No. You could be legally separated, or otherwise separated, for the rest of your lives. But, unless you or he petitions the court for a final order of dissolution, you'll remain married to him until your dying day.

IAAL

why are you still married to him? If the time together was only 7 months and no kids, what is the delay? Hell, your separation as a married couple is longer than your marriage when you were together.

Cal Naughton, Jr.: I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenk
    why are you still married to him? If the time together was only 7 months and no kids, what is the delay? Hell, your separation as a married couple is longer than your marriage when you were together.

My response:

Tax purposes.

IAAL

+ Reply to Thread