+ Reply to Thread
    KChambers is offline Junior Member

Exclamation can a divorce be automatically granted after living apart for so many years?

What is the name of your state? OH My husband and I have been legally separated for almost five years. We have not seen or spoken during that time as there is a restraining order against him until the divorce is final. There are no children as a result of this marriage which lasted seven months.
    Last edited by KChambers; 03-30-2005 at 09:05 PM.
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KChambers
    What is the name of your state? OH My husband and I have been legally separated for almost five years. We have not seen or spoken during that time as there is a restraining order against him until the divorce is final. There are no children as a result of this marriage which lasted seven months.

My response:

No. You could be legally separated, or otherwise separated, for the rest of your lives. But, unless you or he petitions the court for a final order of dissolution, you'll remain married to him until your dying day.

IAAL
    stephenk is offline Senior Member
    why are you still married to him? If the time together was only 7 months and no kids, what is the delay? Hell, your separation as a married couple is longer than your marriage when you were together.
    Cal Naughton, Jr.: I like to think of Jesus as a mischievous badger.
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stephenk
    why are you still married to him? If the time together was only 7 months and no kids, what is the delay? Hell, your separation as a married couple is longer than your marriage when you were together.

My response:

Tax purposes.

IAAL