• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can this be done?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krueg622

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
i was served with separation papers from my wife with what she wants(assets and child custody),but i want to do a 6 month trial period with the agreement that after 6 months we could reevaluate the separation papers and change it if things don't work out. Can this be done?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
i was served with separation papers from my wife with what she wants(assets and child custody),but i want to do a 6 month trial period with the agreement that after 6 months we could reevaluate the separation papers and change it if things don't work out. Can this be done?
You can do whatever you want. You can agree to move into a different house and not file for divorce.

HOWEVER, if she wants a divorce or separation, she'll get it. OTOH, if she changes her mind later, she can do so. Any separation can be re-evaluated at any time, so there's really no advantage to putting anything into the agreement saying that you'll reevaluate it in 6 months. That doesn't change anything, so why bother?

krueg622

thank you for the reply. I sill love her and want to try to work things out. looks bad but one can only hope...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">