• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can fraud be cited?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

foobeedoo

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I married a man and before we got married I had met his son several times. He spent a Saturday afternoon with his father each weekend. I asked my husband if something was wrong with the child because he didn't speak right and he had problems walking. I was told his son had a bone disease which caused the leg problem but the surgery he was getting would help him walk. I was fine with that.

However, the longer into the marriage the more I saw wrong with this child until I finally asked the family to help get him seen by a geneticist. Turns out he has some rare disease which the geneticts have never seen before. they cannot tell us what lays in the future. My concern was this....before we married when we were still in the talking stages I told my fiancee that my kids were grown and married with families of their own. I wanted to go out and live a little. I knew he had a son and would want to spend time on Saturdays with him and I'm still fine with that. But now we do nothing alone together. Every chance he gets he brings the child into it. I wanted to go hiking and he wants to bring a child that cannot walk???

I also do not really know how to deal with a special needs child. I don't know when to push and when not. When something is a problem that he can help and when something is a problem he can't help.

If I file for divorce can I cite fraud?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I married a man and before we got married I had met his son several times. He spent a Saturday afternoon with his father each weekend. I asked my husband if something was wrong with the child because he didn't speak right and he had problems walking. I was told his son had a bone disease which caused the leg problem but the surgery he was getting would help him walk. I was fine with that.

However, the longer into the marriage the more I saw wrong with this child until I finally asked the family to help get him seen by a geneticist. Turns out he has some rare disease which the geneticts have never seen before. they cannot tell us what lays in the future. My concern was this....before we married when we were still in the talking stages I told my fiancee that my kids were grown and married with families of their own. I wanted to go out and live a little. I knew he had a son and would want to spend time on Saturdays with him and I'm still fine with that. But now we do nothing alone together. Every chance he gets he brings the child into it. I wanted to go hiking and he wants to bring a child that cannot walk???

I also do not really know how to deal with a special needs child. I don't know when to push and when not. When something is a problem that he can help and when something is a problem he can't help.

If I file for divorce can I cite fraud?
I don't see how you can. The family didn't know that the child had a rare disease when you married your husband.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">