• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he change our separation agreement due to new info?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

smithgirl

My husband and I have filed for separation and will file for divorce as soon as our 6 months (Virginia) are up. Recently, someone implied to my husband that I had been seeing someone before we signed our separation papers, making us still legally married. He now wants to file an at fault divorce and take back everything I got in the separation agreement. Can he do that?

LegalBeagle

smithgirl said:
My husband and I have filed for separation and will file for divorce as soon as our 6 months (Virginia) are up. Recently, someone implied to my husband that I had been seeing someone before we signed our separation papers, making us still legally married. He now wants to file an at fault divorce and take back everything I got in the separation agreement. Can he do that?
Can he?.. yes.. will he suddenly get everything.. probably not. Anyone can file almost anything in court.. whether they are succesful is another matter. Just tell him that you went on a date, he has no proof and contesting this divorce will just drag it out for a long time.. I am sure he wants to move on with his life too..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">