• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he distribute my financial information w/o consent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gldhesgone

What is the name of your state?CT

I am in the process of a divorce (1 year married) he supeoned 3 years tax information as part of my divorce proceedings. I found out that he gave my 2002 Federal Return (his name wasnt on it) to someone without my consent/permission. Is this legal?

seniorjudge

gldhesgone said:
What is the name of your state?CT

I am in the process of a divorce (1 year married) he supeoned 3 years tax information as part of my divorce proceedings. I found out that he gave my 2002 Federal Return (his name wasnt on it) to someone without my consent/permission. Is this legal?
Who is "he" and who did "he" give it to?

gldhesgone

Why does it matter who he gave it to? Just curious. Second part of your question answer => Third Party not involved in divorce. Friend. Do you need his name?

LdiJ

gldhesgone said:
Why does it matter who he gave it to? Just curious. Second part of your question answer => Third Party not involved in divorce. Friend. Do you need his name?
No, it wasn't legal for him to do that, however, unless you can show that you were harmed in some way by him doing it...you probably won't get very far with it.

The reason why we needed to know WHO he gave it to, was because it the WHO was a court professional, or attorney/accountant involved in the case, then it wasn't illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">