• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can he do this/

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gerri72363

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kansas Description: i have been married for 18 yrs. 3 children 16, 14 11. i have been a stay at home mother and homemaker. my husband has been sole breadwinner. on december 27 he informed me he was quitting his job and moving out of the state. i was shocked. we argued. he then threw me out of our home with just the clothes on my back. the next day he changed the locks. I got a call from my 16 yr. old daughter (she is expecting due feb. 22,2010) telling me that her dad had just hit my 14 yr son in the face and chocked him and left bruises. i told her not to let that go on. the next day she came to my girlfriends where i am staying to see me. he called and told her to pack her **** and get out because she told me what happened with her brother and it was none of my business because i no longer lived there. a couple of days later and many harrassing phones calls later he told me i was to get nothing cuz i never worked during the marriage. on the 31 of december (he recieves direct deposit) he emptied out our checking acct of almost 1,700.00. and would not give me a dime i told him i needed somes personal belongs and he said no. i took the sheriff with me to get a few clothes. he asked my daughter why she was out of the house and she told him. he made the boys lie to the police about the neck injury bruises were still visible they did nothing srs questioned the boy and he lied i believe he was threatned he also got rid of all the family pets a dog we had 5 yrs and three other animals i am out of the house with my daughter without any money. he went to an atty and filed for divorce on the 14 of jan. i have 20 days to respond. i think 18yrs of being a faithful and loyal wife should account for something. A family member has agreed to help me with the retainer. I am seeking primary custody of all three children, child support, alimony, division of all property aquired in the marriage, half of federal tax return. Thank you, Gerrianne Tomlinson

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kansas Description: i have been married for 18 yrs. 3 children 16, 14 11. i have been a stay at home mother and homemaker. my husband has been sole breadwinner. on december 27 he informed me he was quitting his job and moving out of the state. i was shocked. we argued. he then threw me out of our home with just the clothes on my back. the next day he changed the locks. I got a call from my 16 yr. old daughter (she is expecting due feb. 22,2010) telling me that her dad had just hit my 14 yr son in the face and chocked him and left bruises. i told her not to let that go on. the next day she came to my girlfriends where i am staying to see me. he called and told her to pack her **** and get out because she told me what happened with her brother and it was none of my business because i no longer lived there. a couple of days later and many harrassing phones calls later he told me i was to get nothing cuz i never worked during the marriage. on the 31 of december (he recieves direct deposit) he emptied out our checking acct of almost 1,700.00. and would not give me a dime i told him i needed somes personal belongs and he said no. i took the sheriff with me to get a few clothes. he asked my daughter why she was out of the house and she told him. he made the boys lie to the police about the neck injury bruises were still visible they did nothing srs questioned the boy and he lied i believe he was threatned he also got rid of all the family pets a dog we had 5 yrs and three other animals i am out of the house with my daughter without any money. he went to an atty and filed for divorce on the 14 of jan. i have 20 days to respond. i think 18yrs of being a faithful and loyal wife should account for something. A family member has agreed to help me with the retainer. I am seeking primary custody of all three children, child support, alimony, division of all property aquired in the marriage, half of federal tax return. Thank you, Gerrianne Tomlinson
He had no right to lock you out of the marital home. Technically, you could call a locksmith to change the locks yourself, and move right back in until a judge decides whether or not you are to leave.

However, under the circumstances I don't recommend that because the situation seems volital. Someone could get hurt.

By all means get yourself an attorney ASAP. You have the right to 1/2 of the marital assets (and are responsible for 1/2 of the marital debts).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">