• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can he force me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momgoinnuts64

What is the name of your state?florida

can my husband of 18 years force me to go through with a divorce if i do not want to? i want to stay together for a couple of reasons...1 being the children and the other being that I cant deal with the issues he has put before me....i am in therapy for these issues...he has told me that he believes he is gay.........i was thrown for a loop with that and i am going through many emotions and depression

if i do eventually go through with it, can he force us to move so he can sell our home? our kids are 9 and 6.....he also says he may see if he can force me to get a better paying job so that he wont have to pay as much alimony....i dont have squat for money and i dont know what rights i have if any in regards to where the kids and i live and what kind of money the kids would receive or if i would receive anything either

any info you might be able to provide would be ever so greatful

LdiJ

momgoinnuts64 said:

can my husband of 18 years force me to go through with a divorce if i do not want to? i want to stay together for a couple of reasons...1 being the children and the other being that I cant deal with the issues he has put before me....i am in therapy for these issues...he has told me that he believes he is gay.........i was thrown for a loop with that and i am going through many emotions and depression

if i do eventually go through with it, can he force us to move so he can sell our home? our kids are 9 and 6.....he also says he may see if he can force me to get a better paying job so that he wont have to pay as much alimony....i dont have squat for money and i dont know what rights i have if any in regards to where the kids and i live and what kind of money the kids would receive or if i would receive anything either

Hon, you need to get an attorney...like NOW...and stop listening to him. He is somewhat "full of it".

momgoinnuts64 said:

Your husband cannot force you to get a divorce. Let him get a divorce by himself. Again, if he does get a divorce, you cannot stop him. I may be wrong, but I bet that judge will not let him sell house if you have a custody of your kids, but of course you might have to buy out other half of the house.

momgoinnuts64

LdiJ said:
Hon, you need to get an attorney...like NOW...and stop listening to him. He is somewhat "full of it".
ty for listening to me..i feel so alone right now with my family back in massachusetts..part of prob is his mom will pay his legal expenses..we have zip for money...since florida is no fault state can he divorce me without my consent or signature? i also work at my kids school which he loved before due to me being on their schedule and not having to have kids in daycare all the time, now he says i need to get a better paying job because with our debt, the percentage he MAY have to pay for child support and alimony will not be much and he wants to live on his own. this is why he says he will sell our home so that he can have some money. on one hand he tells me if i want to move back north with kids then go ahead, the next minute he says if i try that then he will file for full custody. when he cools off his intentions change and he says he doesnt want to hurt me and the kids(TOO LATE FOR THAT)..i need time to deal with the initial devastation never mind having more thrown on my plate...i am in therapy but i dont know how long it will take for me to feel better and be able to handle this..i am sorry for going on and on but it helps to do this...its easier to type than have to verbalize how i feel..cant get words out without crying...again thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">