• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he get away with this??!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tulsapitgirl

What is the name of your state? Divorce was in TX. I currently live in OK; ex lives in TX still.

Divorce was granted 3/15/05. I just found out yesterday that my ex-husband took a substantial amount out of his company savings plan, which I was entitled to half of. Ex says I'm not to be reimbursed for half for whatever reasons, but the temporary orders explicitly said he could not withdraw from savings or retirement and he did. Is there any legal way he can get away with stealing half this money from me? My attorney said we'll try to sort it out Monday, but I'm going crazy. Even if he took it out before temp orders were in place, I think I'm entitled to half because TX is community property state. Am I crazy or is he going to get away with this???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">