• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can He Remarry In Different State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PRYNCESS

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NEW YORK
I just found out that my husband remarried in the state of georgia and we are not divorced. Can he do that.

PRYNCESS said:
I just found out that my husband remarried in the state of georgia and we are not divorced. Can he do that.
No. His second marriage is not legal. And it is called bigamy.

- Tom

S

seniorjudge

PRYNCESS said:
Are you going through a divorce now? I guess you are now since you heard this news.

Doesn't sound like he's married to the new gal.

BelizeBreeze

PRYNCESS said:
and of course you can provide proof of the marriage right? :rolleyes:

LdiJ

PRYNCESS said:
Are you sure you aren't divorced? Are you sure that he didn't divorce you in Georgia? If he didn't know where you were he could have had you served via publication.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">