• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I cancel the cell phone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kderthick

The cellphone is in my name and he has been using for the past few years. We are currently separated (in VA) but no written agreement has been developed or signed. Last month the bill was $62 and this month $252!! When I asked for help to pay the bill, he basically said NO.

He has no financial obligation to the phone, but I do! And paying all the bills and for an apartment I am strapped for the bill. I have already called and told them what I can pay this month and next to pay off the $252.

Can I go ahead and cancel the cell phone?? Is there any legal ramification from doing this?? Basically I am "letting" him use my cell phone and he has a home and work phone.....

THANKS!:confused:

Bali Hai

kderthick said:
The cellphone is in my name and he has been using for the past few years. We are currently separated (in VA) but no written agreement has been developed or signed. Last month the bill was $62 and this month $252!! When I asked for help to pay the bill, he basically said NO.

He has no financial obligation to the phone, but I do! And paying all the bills and for an apartment I am strapped for the bill. I have already called and told them what I can pay this month and next to pay off the $252.

Can I go ahead and cancel the cell phone?? Is there any legal ramification from doing this?? Basically I am "letting" him use my cell phone and he has a home and work phone.....

Call the provider and have YOUR phone shut off. Tell him you want YOUR phone back.

What possible legal ramifications could result??

LdiJ

kderthick said:

Shut it off...immediately. You have no obligation to continue to provide a cell phone for him. Do it today.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">