• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I deny a motion to Withdraw?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lightattheend

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

My husbands attorney has filed his second motion to withdraw (he told the judge he reconsidered the first time). The hearing has been set, but it is less than a month from the final hearing on all remaning issues. This farce has been going on for over 2 years only because his attorney has drug this out. Is there anyway to explain to the judge he should not let him withdraw as it will only drag this out even longer? I have all of my documentation and dates throughout this ordeal. Is there anything I can show or proof I need to keep the final date and move on with my life?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Has it occurred to you that getting rid of that attorney might actually speed up the process?

Lightattheend

Yes, it has occurred to me. But wouldn't it be easier to let the judge make a decision on all remaining issues as I have all of my documentation and am not asking for anything unreasonable (I know, hard to believe)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">