• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I evict my step sons?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GISELL511

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm starting divorce proceedings and my husband still lives at my house and he wont move out or help pay any of the bills. He lives there along with his 18 and 15 year old sons.

If I evict the 18 year old and my husband doesn't move out, what stops his son from just coming to "visit" for a few days or weeks if my husband invites him over? Can I evict my step-son and stop him from coming to my house?

Thanks,

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm starting divorce proceedings and my husband still lives at my house and he wont move out or help pay any of the bills. He lives there along with his 18 and 15 year old sons.

If I evict the 18 year old and my husband doesn't move out, what stops his son from just coming to "visit" for a few days or weeks if my husband invites him over? Can I evict my step-son and stop him from coming to my house?

Thanks,
YOU CANNOT EVICT YOUR HUSBAND. And you have no right to evict the 18 year old. That is your husband's child. That is the MARITAL home. He has as much right as you do to have people there. If you want them out, get a divorce and be granted full possession of the marital residence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">