• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I file for divorce when before he goes to jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crazy1999

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL
My husband has been found guilty of a felony and probably will be going to prison for at least a year. We would both like to divorce. This very long lawsuit has broken our marriage apart. Can we get a divorce now or should we wait till he goes to jail?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AL
My husband has been found guilty of a felony and probably will be going to prison for at least a year. We would both like to divorce. This very long lawsuit has broken our marriage apart. Can we get a divorce now or should we wait till he goes to jail?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
It's up to you - which would you prefer?

Crazy1999

Well, he has not been sentenced yet and I don't want to cause any problems with that. He doesn't have anywhere to go before serving his time. Most likely he will owe in money to the court, I don't want to be responsible for anymore of his fees. I'm just sad and confused what would be best.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">