• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i get an annulment??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lizzy22

What is the name of your state? virginia

my husband and i are both in the military, he in the marines, and myself in the navy. i am stationed in london, england and he in norfolk, virginia. we have been married for 6 months but have only seen each other once when i flew home to see him because he was put into the brig. he was brought up on a bunch of charges by his command, but he told me they were dropped and that he was getting transferred to another duty station. i called his military lawyer because i had some questions and that was when i was informed that in fact he was getting an other than honourable discharge from the marine corps, and there is also speculation as to whether or not he was still married to his ex-wife at the time of our marriage. if that turns out not to be true, with the very brief description of events that i have said, do i qualify for an annulment or do i have to file for a divorce?

thanks,
lost and confused

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">