• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get an annulment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eli626

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I reside in NJ. I have been married for about a month but am noticing that the differences between me and my wife are growing. So I would like to know if being that I've been married that early, could we just annul the marriage or do we have to thru a full seperation and divorce?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Get a divorce - you have no grounds for annulment (and a divorce is easier/cheaper anyway)

mistoffolees

Get a divorce - you have no grounds for annulment (and a divorce is easier/cheaper anyway)
I don't recall anyone on this board ever being advised to go for the annulment in the 82 trillion times this question has come up. Does anyone ever search before posting?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">