• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get an annulment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shea79936

I recently remarried my ex-husband. We still have divorce decree in effect because I still get child support drawn on payroll deduct. My problem is that after we got remarried he became mentally abusive and controlling and a threat to the kids. Can I legally obtain an annulment?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shea79936 said:
I recently remarried my ex-husband. We still have divorce decree in effect because I still get child support drawn on payroll deduct. My problem is that after we got remarried he became mentally abusive and controlling and a threat to the kids. Can I legally obtain an annulment?
My response:

Did you want an answer ?

IAAL

LegalBeagle

Who would ever re-marry an ex?

It's like taking an old carton of milk out of the fridge, taking a whiff, and saying, "Whooo! That's sour! I think I'll put it back. Maybe it'll be better later."

M

Mann

You didn't say what state you are in.

An annulment can generally on be obtained if there was some sort of fraud or misrepresentation. Turning out to be mean and hateful, unfortunately, does not fit in any category.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">