• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get a divorce if i don't now were my husband is?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmh0584

What is the name of your state? GA

I seperated from my husband when I was 17 due to Domestic violence. I'm now 24 and have seriously not seen or heard from him sence he left and I had a temperary restraining order on him at the time we seperated. (by the way the police couldn't find him to serve him that either) We have two childern . Is there any way I can get a divorce????

Last edited:

What is the name of your state? GA

I seperated from my husband when I was 17 due to Domestic violence. I'm now 24 and have seriously not seen or heard from him sence he left and I had a temperary restraining order on him at the time we seperated. (by the way the police couldn't find him to serve him that either) We have two childern . Is there any way I can get a divorce????
Yes, if you can't find him you can serve him by publication. I'm not sure of the specific rules for GA, but I'm sure somebody else who wants to do some research will chime in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">