• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get a divorce from my wife if she refuses to sign the divorce papers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nikon21

How can you get a divorce without the spouse's signature? She has left but refuses to sign the divorce papers

ceara19

How can you get a divorce without the spouse's signature? She has left but refuses to sign the divorce papers
File for a divorce, follow all of the proper procedures, the Judge signs the decree and PRESTO! You are divorced.

Why is she refusing to sign the papers?

nikon21

She has moved to Mississippi and says it takes to much of her time to come and sign the papers, she want even give me her address so that I can send her a copy of the decree.

seniorjudge

She has moved to Mississippi and says it takes to much of her time to come and sign the papers, she want even give me her address so that I can send her a copy of the decree.
Stop talking to her.

File for divorce.

The judge will sign the judgment in your lawsuit.

ceara19

It sounds like the matter has been heard by the court already. You will need to go back to court to deal with the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">