• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I keep the house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usedbytroop

I live in Tennessee. I am in the middle of divorce which has been going on over 1 year. I am living in the home that is deeded in both our names but the mortgage is only in his name. He is wanting to put the house up for auction but I am scared it will not bring pay off if we sell it that way. I am wondering if judge would possibly grant me to stay in the house until our child turns 18? I am unable to refinance with only my income.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

I live in Tennessee. I am in the middle of divorce which has been going on over 1 year. I am living in the home that is deeded in both our names but the mortgage is only in his name. He is wanting to put the house up for auction but I am scared it will not bring pay off if we sell it that way. I am wondering if judge would possibly grant me to stay in the house until our child turns 18? I am unable to refinance with only my income.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
No. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it.

nextwife

Why should his credit be tied up for years and years, and he unable to get a loan? Sell and each buy what you can afford.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">