• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i legally still go into the house?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crazy73girl

What is the name of your state?colorado
can i legally still go into the house that i once lived and still have belongings there since we are not divorced yet? and i also wnat to know how long i can be kept on medical insurance thru his work?can he take me off?

crazy73girl

because i have many and i am just now thinking of them? i am very nervous about waht i am doing and i dont have any money for a lawyer and he wants to file outside of having lawyers if we both can agree. well i dont want to get screwed out of things i deserve because he islike that. i wnat to be sure i am getting my share.

Zephyr

crazy73girl said:
because i have many and i am just now thinking of them? i am very nervous about waht i am doing and i dont have any money for a lawyer and he wants to file outside of having lawyers if we both can agree. well i dont want to get screwed out of things i deserve because he islike that. i wnat to be sure i am getting my share.

that is why he doesn't want you to have a lawyer.....

maybe your boyfriend could help you with one

crazy73girl

can i still go in the house? since i have things there? he does not have a rental agreement anymore he lives there month to month......he kicked me out but i left on my own actually because of abuse to me.....but not to my kids? ia m very worried the judge will think that i abandoned my kids and left them with an abusive husband. he has never hurt or touched them, just me. so i have many worries that the judge will see that he took care of our kids for a year with out me there.....but i still came over and cooked and cleaned and watched my kids after school and before school and i provided what little income i had at the time for groceries and small bills. now i am on bed rest due to a pregnancy and i jsut worry the judge wont see taht i am fit financially to have my children and i dont want that to be a factor in deciding who gets custody.

LdiJ

crazy73girl said:
can i still go in the house? since i have things there? he does not have a rental agreement anymore he lives there month to month......he kicked me out but i left on my own actually because of abuse to me.....but not to my kids? ia m very worried the judge will think that i abandoned my kids and left them with an abusive husband. he has never hurt or touched them, just me. so i have many worries that the judge will see that he took care of our kids for a year with out me there.....but i still came over and cooked and cleaned and watched my kids after school and before school and i provided what little income i had at the time for groceries and small bills. now i am on bed rest due to a pregnancy and i jsut worry the judge wont see taht i am fit financially to have my children and i dont want that to be a factor in deciding who gets custody.
You need to get yourself an attorney NOW.

Zephyr

LdiJ is right, you can't afford not to have a lawyer, dad has been the primary caregiver for the kids for a year by your choice, what reason does the judge have to change the children's living arrangement now?

crazy73girl

my kids are now living with me half the time and their dad half the time because that is what we agreed on. my boyfriend jus tbought a house and they are provided for. I did nothave the means to take care of my kids the time i was gone. ihad no money or nowhere for htem to live. I have a house now and they want to live with me and their dad. so we agreed to a temporary parenting schedule. that is why i ask if the judge will determine custody because i dont have any inocme, only what my boyfriend provides for me and my kids. and do i need to put his income down as other income?

LdiJ

crazy73girl said:
my kids are now living with me half the time and their dad half the time because that is what we agreed on. my boyfriend jus tbought a house and they are provided for. I did nothave the means to take care of my kids the time i was gone. ihad no money or nowhere for htem to live. I have a house now and they want to live with me and their dad. so we agreed to a temporary parenting schedule. that is why i ask if the judge will determine custody because i dont have any inocme, only what my boyfriend provides for me and my kids. and do i need to put his income down as other income?
Please listen to me carefully. You absolutely need an attorney. I can tell right now that if you continue to try to do this alone you are going to totally mess yourself up.

You are believing everything that your ex is saying, when so far none of it appears to be accurate.

crazy73girl

ok i figured i did and i am just scared and he is scaring me; at least you are not rude to me like the wannacry person is.......i know you guys arent lawyers and you have some legal knowledge, I am just inquiring what rights imight have that is all. I know i have messed up and i dont want to ruin what chances i might have to make this divorceri ght and not messy that is all that i am trying to avoid. he and his parents have money and would set out to hurt me i on the other hand dont have money and cant work so naturally iam worried about me and what affects my kids and me having them. i do appreciate your help thank u

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">