• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Legally Use My Maiden Name in Business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fifiloyd

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

Can I legally use my maiden name on business cards? I was married (2d marriage) 4 years ago, am very established in the business world, having used my maiden name for quite a long time, and now my employer is of the opinion that I am prohibited from using my maiden name on business cards. My paychecks and other legally binding documents bear my married name, but I have long been known by my maiden name. I would mention that I am currently separated.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

Can I legally use my maiden name on business cards? I was married (2d marriage) 4 years ago, am very established in the business world, having used my maiden name for quite a long time, and now my employer is of the opinion that I am prohibited from using my maiden name on business cards. My paychecks and other legally binding documents bear my married name, but I have long been known by my maiden name. I would mention that I am currently separated.
I used my maiden name for business purposes for quite a while after being married. I also had my legal name on all official documents as well. There is nothing illegal about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">