• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I service my so-called hubby from my state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sharus654

What is the name of your state?Connecticut
I married in May of 04 (in Virginia). I left after 1 1/2 weeks of marriage (he had an ex that he never really parted with) His mother was the one that had set-up the whole thing from the dress/ tux to the place of marriage etc... I had no say neither did her son. We both didn't want to do it, but his mother is a hound... I am back home with my parents he is somewhere in the world. I finally got a lawyer that would help me serve him with divorce papers from this CT since I never made VA my permanent residence. Mind you I never received anything from him, he got it all, spousal support everything. What else can I do to make my life easier because I want to move on with someone that I actually want to spend the rest of my life with?

BelizeBreeze

Your story doesn't ring true. If he got spousal support then you are already divorced or file for divorce.

Now, what's the REAL story?

rmet4nzkx

Please provide all the facts, here are your previous 2 threads.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=292188 https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=289029
Have you tried the military locator to locate your husband?
You will have to divorce not annulment.
If he is deployed, you will have to wait to serve him with a divorce petition.
Have you applied for your military ID etc. ?
You do realize that VA has non cohabitation laws and that adultery is a violation of UCMJ? Have you contacted JAG or his command?

stephenk

"We both didn't want to do it, but his mother is a hound"

You got married only because of his mom? It wasn't those great benefits from being a Navy wife?

BelizeBreeze

stephenk said:
"We both didn't want to do it, but his mother is a hound"

You got married only because of his mom? It wasn't those great benefits from being a Navy wife?
awww hell stephen, I thought at least one of you would make a comment on the TITLE of this thread :D

rmet4nzkx

BelizeBreeze said:
awww hell stephen, I thought at least one of you would make a comment on the TITLE of this thread :D
I seriously thought of making comment on the title but since she is from CT and not NJ thought I'd let it be. :p

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">