• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Speed Up My Divorce?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ROBBIE

@ himWhat is the name of your state? MARYLAND

Can I speed up my divorce? I made friends with a woman in one of my places I lived & she has a 2 year old girl, her boyfriend abuses her :( . She is in a bad relationship & last night @ dinner in a local mall, I was scared but told her that after my divorce is done with :) , she & I can be together :D & she likes that idea. She told me that she feels that he will try sex or rape her, I want to help her but how? Also she sufferes from dipression for which she is getting better :) ! Last night her boyfriend showed up @ the mall, he got me :mad: . So I went to security, for witch he made me look bad. I came home & called my friends answering machine & told her that I was mad @ how we ended & for her to call me back, she did call me back. She said she was sorry for how it ended & agreed with me that it was his fault. She really got :( @ him too, so I do not know what will happen. I just want my divorce over with so I can date this woman with a kid. I left my wife on NOVEMBER 7th & do to my disability it is hard for things like this for me. I got married wrong :( , I did not do it in a church in front of God :( . My family got :mad: @ me. I thought @ first she was going to back out of it or it was a big joke, I was wrong :( . Why are things so hard for disabiled people? Why do parents let normal kids marry, but not disabled? True there were problems like no job or money, but she [wife] told me that God will keep us together with no money. I just want this thing over with ASAP, please tell me what to do.

I am :confused: :confused: :confused:

Thank You

PS -

Do I have to file for a divorce after 1 year is up?

She did say one time if I want a divorce & she hears it from me, she will give it too me. [No it was annulment] My dad does not want me to e-mail my lawyer do to me not having the money. So how can I do things when I am stuck?

Last edited:

kat1963

Do you have a seperation agreement? You should have one. In it, it should state that "both parties agree to live as if SINGLE" which means you can do pretty much as you like as far as dating is concerned. Other then that Robbie, unless you have grounds (which it doesn't sound like you do for an annulement), you have to be seperated for one year before the divorce can be filed. That's if it is Voluntary (meaning both you and wife agree to seperate). If you wife doesn't agree, it will be 2 years. My own divorce in MD took 2 1/2 years to finally become final because my ex kept changing his mind, he'd agree then decide he wasn't mentally all there to have made the first agreement.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but you know what? I don't think this new gal is good for you. She has far to much baggage Robbie, please rethink this relationship. She has a child which means the boyfriend is going to be in her life forever....do you really want to deal with that? Keep looking, your are newly single, there are many other women out there for you to meet!

Good Luck!

KAT

nailtech

sounds to me that she wants you to dig her out of the hole she's dug for herself,....... let her dig herself out first...... sounds like one of them love triangles and if you think he's abusive now, wait until you take his woman away... its really going to get nasty, and I feel you may be putting yourself in harms way... the child she has, is it the boyfriends child? this could be a very dangerous situation for you... she needs to call a womens shelter to get protection for her and the child before hopping over to your house for you to protect her... you hear about things like this all the time on the news, when the ending may not be out come your looking for... Please think with your head and not your emotions its safer that way for everyone... JMO...

I agree with Kat,....

I know you didn't ask for advice, but you know what? I don't think this new gal is good for you. She has far to much baggage Robbie, please rethink this relationship. She has a child which means the boyfriend is going to be in her life forever....do you really want to deal with that? Keep looking, your are newly single, there are many other women out there for you to meet!

Last edited:
R

ROBBIE

kat1963 said:
Do you have a seperation agreement? You should have one. In it, it should state that "both parties agree to live as if SINGLE" which means you can do pretty much as you like as far as dating is concerned. Other then that Robbie, unless you have grounds (which it doesn't sound like you do for an annulement), you have to be seperated for one year before the divorce can be filed. That's if it is Voluntary (meaning both you and wife agree to seperate). If you wife doesn't agree, it will be 2 years. My own divorce in MD took 2 1/2 years to finally become final because my ex kept changing his mind, he'd agree then decide he wasn't mentally all there to have made the first agreement.

Good Luck!

KAT
This woman's boygriend told me on her dads phone not to call or he will call the police, my families want me to get out. I AM NOW!

Thanks for the advice, we did not agree on anything or do anything, my dad tells me that do to my disability I can not marry again. I can date. I have re thinked after talking to this womans boyfriend & :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: !

Right now I do not know what we have, the lawyers said to dad that it is really up to us. But if I go back I lose the family, & she will lose her SSI. She wants me & I want to try to make it work.

Good luck to you too. hope you find some man who treats you nice, but respects you. BTW we have 0 kids :D

R

ROBBIE

nailtech said:
sounds to me that she wants you to dig her out of the hole she's dug for herself,....... let her dig herself out first...... sounds like one of them love triangles and if you think he's abusive now, wait until you take his woman away... its really going to get nasty, and I feel you may be putting yourself in harms way... the child she has, is it the boyfriends child? this could be a very dangerous situation for you... she needs to call a womens shelter to get protection for her and the child before hopping over to your house for you to protect her... you hear about things like this all the time on the news, when the ending may not be out come your looking for... Please think with your head and not your emotions its safer that way for everyone... JMO...

I agree with Kat,....

I 2nd that!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">