+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2004

    Question Can I stop the divorce?

    What is the name of your state? Maryland

    If my wife decides to file for divorde is there a way for me to stop it from happening?

  2. #2
    I don' know about Maryland, but in Florida, the defendent/respondent has the right to decline. If this occurs, in Florida, the judge orders mediation and/or counseling to see if the marriage can be fixed (usually about a 3 month process).

    At the end of that process if the marriage seems "irretrievably broken" the divorce will be ordered.

    You will be better served looking up the statutes for Maryland to see if this is the case there as well.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2002
    You may be able to slow the process, but if she wants the divorce - it will happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Filed for divorce but changed my mind. How do I stop the divorce?
    By ladynothappy in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 11:06 AM
  2. how do we stop our divorce?
    By blowfish1970 in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 06:19 AM
  3. Can I stop a divorce
    By bas1 in forum Divorce, Separation & Annulment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:52 PM
  4. Can i stop the divorce
    By Jamie93 in forum Family Law Archive
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-08-2000, 01:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

© Since 1995 Advice Company, All Rights Reserved

FreeAdvice® has been providing millions of consumers with outstanding advice, free, since 1995. While not a substitute for personal advice from a licensed professional, it is available AS IS, subject to our Disclaimer and Terms & Conditions Of Use.