• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue in Civil Court for any reason?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pb1963

I am in the midst of a military divorce. Husband came home after 4 month deployment in 5/04 and stated he wanted divorce. Walked out in late July and paid nothing for almost 2 months and moved in with girlfriend, now fiance who is in his AF Guard unit the woman he was with overseas during the first deployment. I have been very decent through this process, I didn't use Adultry as the reason in the divorce complaint as I believe we had other issues that caused the divorce and I wanted it to be amicable.

I am in the home we own. No children. Laid off from Job in mid - January and now I have some potentially serious medical issues in that Dr's have found many nodule/tumors in my neck/throat. My husband does not care that I will be left without medical insurance as he is now engaged and wants to be married before next deployment at the end of July.

During this process I have had death threats from her friends, she attempted suicide and I was blamed and she phoned me 7 times before hand, I receive harrassing phone calls day and night.

He has filed a motion to enforce the agreement even though I have not signed because of my medical issues. My attorney is an ass. If I go into court and the judge does not suspend the divorce pending my health issues being resolved can I go after her in Civil court for completely destroying my life?

S

seniorjudge

Q: If I go into court and the judge does not suspend the divorce pending my health issues being resolved can I go after her in Civil court for completely destroying my life?

A: Your post is a tad confusing, BUT if you are in the midst of a divorce in civil court, join the bad woman as a third party if you think she has done something to you.

rmet4nzkx

You can get a restraining order to stop her harassment.
Please keep your thread together otherwise it get confusing with you adding different threads for different facts, all must be considered to give advice.

pb1963

I guess I was confusing

rmet4nzkx said:
You can get a restraining order to stop her harassment.
Please keep your thread together otherwise it get confusing with you adding different threads for different facts, all must be considered to give advice.
I am concerned that I will have large medical bills that I have no way of paying. I have no voice and won't have one for a while, therefore there is no way for me to find a job. I am in the home and have already pretty much gone through my savings. I will be getting some money from him however I am scared to death. 300 a week in unemployment won't really cover everything. She is pushing him to finalize the divorce knowing my problems. They are trying to get married before he is deployed in July so that they received the extra tax free income. She is in the military with my husband and they got together on their deployment last year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">