+ Reply to Thread
    mthompsen is offline Junior Member

Can I sue for duress or mental anguish

I found out my husband has been having an affair on me for 8 months with a 19 year old ( we are both 37 )....not only was he having the affair but he was living with her for 3 months ( he works all over the world and is gone for months at a time). After I found out about this affair I remembered something that happened 2 years ago and called that girl in Oregon...she admitted to having an affair with him also. Now when that happened 2 years ago, they of course both denied it and a friend of his was out there with him and he told me nothing was going on between the 2 of them. Since that time, my husband had set me and her up as "friends"...she would call me once in a while and would email me, etc. Now that I know they had been sleeping together , there are things about my husband and my relationship that I wouldn't have told her....I'm very upset about this and it is weighing heavily on my mind. Since she lied to me for years and pretended to be my friend, can I sue her for it....
    Shay-Pari'e is offline Senior Member
    Yes you can!
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    But you most likely won't win. Because playing the odds, very few states allow alienation of affection lawsuits. And most likely your state doesn't but since you didn't post your state, can't tell you for sure.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.
    Shay-Pari'e is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohiogal View Post
    But you most likely won't win. Because playing the odds, very few states allow alienation of affection lawsuits. And most likely your state doesn't but since you didn't post your state, can't tell you for sure.
    I know this, (you know this), but she can file away.