• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue for duress or mental anguish

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mthompsen

I found out my husband has been having an affair on me for 8 months with a 19 year old ( we are both 37 )....not only was he having the affair but he was living with her for 3 months ( he works all over the world and is gone for months at a time). After I found out about this affair I remembered something that happened 2 years ago and called that girl in Oregon...she admitted to having an affair with him also. Now when that happened 2 years ago, they of course both denied it and a friend of his was out there with him and he told me nothing was going on between the 2 of them. Since that time, my husband had set me and her up as "friends"...she would call me once in a while and would email me, etc. Now that I know they had been sleeping together , there are things about my husband and my relationship that I wouldn't have told her....I'm very upset about this and it is weighing heavily on my mind. Since she lied to me for years and pretended to be my friend, can I sue her for it....

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
But you most likely won't win. Because playing the odds, very few states allow alienation of affection lawsuits. And most likely your state doesn't but since you didn't post your state, can't tell you for sure.

Shay-Pari'e

But you most likely won't win. Because playing the odds, very few states allow alienation of affection lawsuits. And most likely your state doesn't but since you didn't post your state, can't tell you for sure.
I know this, (you know this), but she can file away.;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">