• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I sue husband's mistress?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

weefriends

What is the name of your state?North Carolina
I am wondering if anyone knows of a law that states I can sue my husbands mistress?They had an affair that lasted 16 months.They are not together now.My husband and I am working it out (after 20 years) but I want to make her "pay" one way or the other?Any ideas????
Thansk,Tracy

BelizeBreeze

I am so sick and tired of crap posts like this.

Yes, you can sue the bitch.

then she can file rape charges against your husband and a civil suit against you for stealing her boyfriend.

Then you can sue your husband for giving you a hickey.

Then he can sue you for not putting out.

And

And

And

When you you damn women grow the hell up? Your HUSBAND is NOT innocent in this game. So, when are you going to sue his ass?

Mbarr

I generally try to keep my personal opinions to myself, but some of you folks are just rubbing me the wrong way today.

Your husband made a vow to remain faithful to you. The other woman made you NO promises. Why are you pissed off at her? Are you blaming her for "making" your husband stray? Perhaps you are blaming her to avoid looking at your marriage more closely.

AHA

weefriends said:
I am wondering if anyone knows of a law that states I can sue my husbands mistress?They had an affair that lasted 16 months.They are not together now.My husband and I am working it out (after 20 years) but I want to make her "pay" one way or the other?Any ideas????
Thansk,Tracy
How can you be so sure she knew her lover was married? Your hubby sure as hell knew he was, so why isn't he being sued? You know why, because you have probably been a housewife the entire marriage, would have no money if you divorced and he is afraid of having to pay alimony to you for the rest of his life. That's one a hell of a reason to forgive total betrayal and blame it on someone who might not have known the situation and, like mentioned before, have made NO promises or commitments to either of you.
Better no marriage than a lying, betraying one. Seems like some people gladly wear a pricetag on themselves......

casa

AHA said:
How can you be so sure she knew her lover was married? Your hubby sure as hell knew he was, so why isn't he being sued? You know why, because you have probably been a housewife the entire marriage, would have no money if you divorced and he is afraid of having to pay alimony to you for the rest of his life. That's one a hell of a reason to forgive total betrayal and blame it on someone who might not have known the situation and, like mentioned before, have made NO promises or commitments to either of you.
Better no marriage than a lying, betraying one. Seems like some people gladly wear a pricetag on themselves......
Exactly! :cool:

Evermore

ok, this law does seem interesting to me although I do not believe that it is valid in the state of Georgia.

My plight is this...my husband has a girlfriend, online no less, that he is planning to meet. This woman does know that he is married and I know this because I have spoken to her. I told her that her involvment in our lives was ruining our marriage. She was totally indifferent. And even told me that she would not stop begging him to meet her, regardless of our marriage. She is even paying for the meeting to take place as our funds are not so great.

The real kicker in all of this is that she is also married, but her husband lives in bliss....as in ignorance. He called me and told me that he didn't have a problem with his wife and my husband meeting, "they are only friends". They are not only friends and I told her husband this, but he chose not to believe me. You may ask, how do I know that they are not only friends? The Instand messages and emails that I have seen is how I know and also, my husband has told me that he is in love with her.

I absolutely agree with the statements made saying that the husband is not innocent in all of this. And I do plan to make him pay if it indeed comes to that...but if it does, I wish that I could make her pay also for her very selfish uncaring attitute in regards to my marriage.

With the way things look, she will get to continue living her splendid mid western life with her husband and children, while I either have to swallow my pride and take back a cheating husband or file for divorce, breaking both mine and my daughter's hearts. As if mine wasn't already broken.

Call it spite, revenge, or whatever you want...if she were an unknowing innocent in this I wouldn't feel this way, but given her knowledge I think she should pay for her ways and so should he.

CandiceH

As the other posters here have replied, get over it. I was in your position a very short time ago. I have gotten my revenge in more ways than one. You want to know what the greatest joy is? THEY WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES (RELATIONSHIP). That is the sweetest revenge of all.

So, yes, there are horrible ppl out there that prey on others spouses but he would not have strayed if he had been happy. Do yourself a favor and look at your relationship from the outside....I did, and the anger subsided and I am going to be a much happier person. GOOD LUCK and quit thinking about suing her, as I think it was BB (?) said "Get over yourself" or something to that effect.

AHA

Evermore said:
ok, this law does seem interesting to me although I do not believe that it is valid in the state of Georgia.

My plight is this...my husband has a girlfriend, online no less, that he is planning to meet. This woman does know that he is married and I know this because I have spoken to her. I told her that her involvment in our lives was ruining our marriage. She was totally indifferent. And even told me that she would not stop begging him to meet her, regardless of our marriage. She is even paying for the meeting to take place as our funds are not so great.

The real kicker in all of this is that she is also married, but her husband lives in bliss....as in ignorance. He called me and told me that he didn't have a problem with his wife and my husband meeting, "they are only friends". They are not only friends and I told her husband this, but he chose not to believe me. You may ask, how do I know that they are not only friends? The Instand messages and emails that I have seen is how I know and also, my husband has told me that he is in love with her.

I absolutely agree with the statements made saying that the husband is not innocent in all of this. And I do plan to make him pay if it indeed comes to that...but if it does, I wish that I could make her pay also for her very selfish uncaring attitute in regards to my marriage.

With the way things look, she will get to continue living her splendid mid western life with her husband and children, while I either have to swallow my pride and take back a cheating husband or file for divorce, breaking both mine and my daughter's hearts. As if mine wasn't already broken.

Call it spite, revenge, or whatever you want...if she were an unknowing innocent in this I wouldn't feel this way, but given her knowledge I think she should pay for her ways and so should he.
So your husband has told you that he is in love with someone else, he has told you when he will be meeting his mistress, you have talked and confirm it with the mistress and her husband, and after all that you are still even contemplating remaining with your husband?????????
Wow, this board is not going to help you, you need a serious think about why you are allowing yourself to be treated as a doormat. What kind of role model (to stay in a loveless, cheating marriage and be treated like a door mat) for your kid is that? How is your kid going to grow up any happier in such a f'ed up home, than she would if you and hubby were apart and living your own lives???
Don't make your kid pay the consequences for a miserable marriage. Get out of it and give your kid a chance to grow up happy and with a healthy view on how a marriage should be, don't live a lie and fool her into thinking a normal marriage excludes fidelity, trust, love, honor etc etc.

MiaCuppa

Hold on a sec. Sorry if I'm hijacking, but since someone else did it first I figured I would ask a question.

At this point would this even meet the legal definition of adultery? This is an on-line relationship and they've not yet met. I know they are planning to, but even if they do and sexual intercourse does NOT occur, how can this be cheating?

msiron

woo he is in love with a woman he hasn't even met yet, what a slap in the face that is to you... WAKE UP, he is 'for sure' not in love with you and possibly not even his online mistress, he is starved for that powerful endorphin feeling of being in gaga with someone and it's not you. Maybe it once was you but thats long gone and when that goes you can't buy it back.

Good luck honey and move on.

And why take anything out on her? You should be thanking her for showing you what your marriage really is.

CandiceH

msiron said:
woo he is in love with a woman he hasn't even met yet, what a slap in the face that is to you... WAKE UP, he is 'for sure' not in love with you and possibly not even his online mistress, he is starved for that powerful endorphin feeling of being in gaga with someone and it's not you. Maybe it once was you but thats long gone and when that goes you can't buy it back.

Good luck honey and move on.

And why take anything out on her? You should be thanking her for showing you what your marriage really is.
Applauds to msiron, start seeking a new life and a happier one at that!

mistoffolees

I am wondering if anyone knows of a law that states I can sue my husbands mistress?
Can you sue? Of course.

Can you win? Not very likely any more (maybe 30 years ago).

Should you sue? If revenge is more important to you than saving your marriage or your personal integrity.

tuffbrk

Sue? Are you kidding? I wouldn't give her the satisfaction. Show some pride...and by the way - get rid of the dude. He'll find out quick enough that even when the grass is greener, the lawn still has to be mowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">