• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I take over his vehicle?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krista819

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

My husband and I are going through a very civil divorce. We are trying to do as many things as possible outside of court rather then going in front of the judge.

He purchased a car while we were married solely in his name. Do i have any rights to take these payments over and register/insure it in my name?

Thank so much!

krista819

Just to clear this post up as well - - -

I actually posted 2 seperate questions: 1 is regarding my own situation and 1 is regarding my bestfriends. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for any info.

mistoffolees

My husband and I are going through a very civil divorce. We are trying to do as many things as possible outside of court rather then going in front of the judge.

He purchased a car while we were married solely in his name. Do i have any rights to take these payments over and register/insure it in my name?

Thank so much!
If your divorce is civil, you can divide the property any way you wish. If the two of you decide that you should have this car, then you can have this car - and take over payments.

LdiJ

Thank so much!
See your other thread, because my answer there is pretty much the same.

You and your best friend need to each register under your own screen names and ask your own questions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">