• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I use email evidence to prove adultery?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joeana

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I posted this on the Internet Law Board, but I'm posting it here too because it also deals with divorce:

I might get blasted for this, but I felt it was the only way to know. I've been married for a year and a half now to the guy I gave my virginity to. I found out a couple of months ago that I got Herpes, so I was obviously concerned he might be cheating on me, specially since he travels so much (he is in the military). I decided to buy one of these keylogger softwares that records every keystroke and placed it in my computer. After he came back from one of his trips he used it and checked his work email, so now I have his username and password. I went in and checked and I found tons of emails to several different women arranging meetings where he explicitly said what they would be doing, and emails to his male friends proudly telling them about his shenanigans and sometimes even the excuses he would use to hide it from me. Obvious to say, I'm devastated and furious! The worst part is that because of all this now I have to live with a lifelong disease, after I gave him the gift I had hold on for so long and have been faithful to him forr all this time.

I guess what I'm wondering is, is there anything I can do? Can I use his emails as proof or will I risk getting in more trouble myself for getting into his email? Please HELP!:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Be aware that MD is a "fault State". That means a long, and drawn out, court battle. That also means "expensive" - - when it comes to proving "adultery."

Assuming you own no marital property, and have no children of this marriage, instead of paying an attorney for a costly "Fault" divorce, why not move to a "No Fault" divorce State, satisfy the residency requirements of that State; e.g., California is 6 months in the State, and 3 months within the same County, and then file for a No Fault divorce there?

Doing so is cheap, fairly quick and gets you to where you want to be - - divorced. And besides, it gets you into a new State with new sights and experiences. Additionally, California, and other States, have all the penicillin you'll ever need for the "gift" of crotch rot he "gave" to you.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">