• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a judge enforce this?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrsmaze

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I am filing for Pro Se divorce and my husband is currently incarcerated. When he was arrested he had the keys to my van (in my dad's name) and the keys to my apartment (he is not on the lease). Can I get a judge to make him return the keys to me? Joy

S

seniorjudge

mrsmaze said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I am filing for Pro Se divorce and my husband is currently incarcerated. When he was arrested he had the keys to my van (in my dad's name) and the keys to my apartment (he is not on the lease). Can I get a judge to make him return the keys to me? Joy
Yes, if you file the correct orders.

It will take weeks if not months.

Get new keys.

nextwife

Good grief. Just get the vin number off the registration, or from repair /dealer records and have a dealer get the codes from the auto maker to remake a key set (ort two)!

mrsmaze

I am in the process of changing my home keys, I really can't afford to have the ignition changed and I believe he will try and steal the van.

LdiJ

mrsmaze said:
I am in the process of changing my home keys, I really can't afford to have the ignition changed and I believe he will try and steal the van.
You don't have to get the ignition changed. Just get the codes so that you can get another set of keys made. Then put the van where he can't get at it.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
mrsmaze said:
Cool trick, if he's incarcerated.

mrsmaze

Stealth2

What is up with your rude comments? I came on this forum for advice and help. Yes he is CURRENTLY incarcerated, he will be released shortly and I will still be living in the same apartment and employed at the same job, therefore my vehicle is accessible to him. Thanks for nothing.

mrsmaze

I also contacted the dealership and was informed that the only thing they could help me with is if I lost my keys they could get the codes and make me a new one, they advised me to make an appt and come in to change the door locks and ignition for around $700 dollars.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
mrsmaze said:
he will be released shortly
And where did you provide this information before?

(hint: nowhere. Do not expect us to be mindreaders. We're not. Nor are there any functioning crystal balls.)

mrsmaze

You have enlightened me with all your wisdom and I have enjoyed all your sarcasm today. Thank you for informing me that I failed to provide all the information necessary for your review...after all, I am only human.

You need to stop taking yourself so seriously...Have a lovely day:)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
mrsmaze said:
You need to stop taking yourself so seriously...Have a lovely day:)
Actually, I think you do. I take myself very unseriously. After all, I have squirelly wrath.

mrsmaze

Like I said, thanks for nothing.

This site..not you, has provided me with the information I was seeking. Keep that ego strong, and that "wrath" hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">