• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my brother represent me in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megabro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
If the court approved release of my lawyer, can my brother represent me as my legal counsel at the court hearing? My English is poor, I'm 79, and I'm slow. (Note: the brother is writing here.) In other words, can he talk on my behalf with me at his side?

Silverplum

If the court approved release of my lawyer, can my brother represent me as my legal counsel at the court hearing? My English is poor, I'm 79, and I'm slow. (Note: the brother is writing here.) In other words, can he talk on my behalf with me at his side?
If your brother is a licensed attorney in CA, then yes.

If he is not, then no.

seniorjudge

You mean you didn't start those other three threads?

You mean you lied?

Are you telling the truth now?

megabro

I have no idea what you are talking about (the other 3 threads), i just signed on and posted the question.

megabro

wasn't me

I didn't post them and have no idea what they are about. I wonder if other people are using my alias. I'll check them some other time. sorry about the misunderstanding/inconvenience.

seniorjudge

I didn't post them and have no idea what they are about. I wonder if other people are using my alias. I'll check them some other time. sorry about the misunderstanding/inconvenience.
And I have some nifty swampland just west of New Orleans for sale...:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">