• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my ex live in our jointly owned home and not pay me rent Home free and clear no m

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dotrbla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida When I lived in our joint home I had to pay 780.00 dollars a month To cover both first $488.00 and second $293.00 mortgage. In 2005 My ex went to court telling the judge that he wanted me out so he could repair the house and and sell it to get our money out of it. I left on December 24, 2005. To date he is still there with his brother even though he has bought another home. I paid 50% of payments for jan. 2006 through June 2006 which paid off 1st mortgage. He paid $293.00 on 2nd mortgage from July 2006 until Sept. 2007 which paid off 2nd mortgage. From Sept 2007 until April 13, 2011 he has had no payments of any kind, including nothing to me. He has lived there for 5 years, but told the judge he wanted me out in 2005 for repairs and to sell it. Could have sold it in 2006, 2007, or 2008 or 2009 for good price. Now house is only worth 60% of 2008 or 2009 market value, and he is still there with his brother and some repairs still not done. Wouldn't judge think its a little odd he wanted me out in 2005 and he is still there and not finished? Can my ex do that? Should I get 390 dollars a month Which is half of what I had to pay when I live there?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida When I lived in our joint home I had to pay 780.00 dollars a month To cover both first $488.00 and second $293.00 mortgage. In 2005 My ex went to court telling the judge that he wanted me out so he could repair the house and and sell it to get our money out of it. I left on December 24, 2005. To date he is still there with his brother even though he has bought another home. I paid 50% of payments for jan. 2006 through June 2006 which paid off 1st mortgage. He paid $293.00 on 2nd mortgage from July 2006 until Sept. 2007 which paid off 2nd mortgage. From Sept 2007 until April 13, 2011 he has had no payments of any kind, including nothing to me. He has lived there for 5 years, but told the judge he wanted me out in 2005 for repairs and to sell it. Could have sold it in 2006, 2007, or 2008 or 2009 for good price. Now house is only worth 60% of 2008 or 2009 market value, and he is still there with his brother and some repairs still not done. Wouldn't judge think its a little odd he wanted me out in 2005 and he is still there and not finished? Can my ex do that? Should I get 390 dollars a month Which is half of what I had to pay when I live there?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
was it written in the court order WHEN the repairs to the house were to be done and an actual date of when the house was to be sold?

mistoffolees

was it written in the court order WHEN the repairs to the house were to be done and an actual date of when the house was to be sold?
That's the important factor. Anything written in the court order is enforceable. If it's not in the court order, then you're out of luck.

Time to go back and get an order for the house to be sold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">