• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my husband divorce me while I'm pregnant?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrscoll410

What is the name of your state? Missouri

I'm currently pregnant with our second child. He has filed for divorce and says that his attorney told him we don't have to wait until our child is born in order for the divorce to be finalized. However, an attorney I spoke with (haven't retained her yet) says most courts wouldn't finalize a divorce if the wife was pregnant - they would wait until after the child was born in order to establish paternity, etc. Does anyone know how things work in a situation like this in Missouri?

CourtClerk

Double post. Please keep all your questions to one thread -- and no one can force your husband to remain married to you.

mrscoll410

Thanks for letting me know that I need to keep all my questions in one thread. I'm just wondering though, if I don't think of a question at the time of my original thread, do I just "reply" to my own original post with my new question? What if it doesn't necessarily go along with my original post?

CourtClerk

Because the history of your story is with your first post, it's better for you to keep ALL of your questions to that post. Yes, just hit reply and ask another question. What could you possibly be asking that didn't have something to do with divorce, paternity, custody or visitation? I mean, if you have a small claims question, post it there. Question about an auto accident? Post it there...

Anything about you and your husband? Keep it in one thread. Unless he's dead, then it may go in probate and estate depending on the question.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">