• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my husband and I do this in NEW YORK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NYCCHIC

Both my husband and I have have agreed to divorce, we have no kids and no property, i moved out more than a year ago and have had my own apt under my name since September. When i first left i didn't want to leave, he didn't kick me out but asked me to leave since we were having problems. We are trying to get a quick uncontested divorce now, can he file under abandonment? (i am ok with that)

If we are doing an uncontested divorce with no lawyers, filing out the forms ourselves and sending them, will we get questioned? how do we prove abandonment, do we just say i left at my will and he didn't want me to and i insisted on leaving.? Please advise

We really just want to do as soon as possible and don't want to file a serration agreement and wait another year to being the divorce..
:confused:

SHORTY LONG

Both my husband and I have have agreed to divorce, we have no kids and no property, i moved out more than a year ago and have had my own apt under my name since September. When i first left i didn't want to leave, he didn't kick me out but asked me to leave since we were having problems. We are trying to get a quick uncontested divorce now, can he file under abandonment? (i am ok with that)

If we are doing an uncontested divorce with no lawyers, filing out the forms ourselves and sending them, will we get questioned? how do we prove abandonment, do we just say i left at my will and he didn't want me to and i insisted on leaving.? Please advise

We really just want to do as soon as possible and don't want to file a serration agreement and wait another year to being the divorce..
:confused:
Take a look and see at the following links:

http://www.divorcelawinfo.com/states/ny/newyork.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_divorce_law

NYCCHIC

I had already seen those sites, i know what are the rules and requirements for abandonment. my question is, that since it didn't really happen and we just file under that anyway because we want to do this quick,

WILL WE GET QUESTIONED?

IF I AGREE TO IT WILL WE HAVE A PROBLEM/

HOW WILL THEY KNOW WE ARE LYING

HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE THIS BEFORE

CLBKLCDTB

I had already seen those sites, i know what are the rules and requirements for abandonment. my question is, that since it didn't really happen and we just file under that anyway because we want to do this quick,

WILL WE GET QUESTIONED?

IF I AGREE TO IT WILL WE HAVE A PROBLEM/

HOW WILL THEY KNOW WE ARE LYING

HAS ANYONE ELSE DONE THIS BEFORE
But your not "lying" YOU left the home over a year ago. That is abandonment.

You'll be alright.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">