• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my wife legallymove to another state and take our kids without my consent?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tigerdave70

we have been married for over 20 yrs, but I have been moved out for about 6. We are not legally seperated. She has met a new guy, and only known him for a month, but informed me she is considering moving to Alabama with this guy, and taking our kids. We currently live in Florida.

She is being selfish in my opinion. Our kids are 12 & 7 and all of their family and friends are here in Florida. They will have noone else buy their mother in Alabama. Can she legally do this, without my consent? I do not want her to do this, and I am not going to give her my consent.

I would like some PROFESSIONAL opinions of what my legal rights are with this matter PLEASE!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
we have been married for over 20 yrs, but I have been moved out for about 6. We are not legally seperated. She has met a new guy, and only known him for a month, but informed me she is considering moving to Alabama with this guy, and taking our kids. We currently live in Florida.

She is being selfish in my opinion. Our kids are 12 & 7 and all of their family and friends are here in Florida. They will have noone else buy their mother in Alabama. Can she legally do this, without my consent? I do not want her to do this, and I am not going to give her my consent.

I would like some PROFESSIONAL opinions of what my legal rights are with this matter PLEASE!
So why haven't you filed for custody and asking that the children be required to remain in Florida for the pendency of the divorce? She can be as selfish as she wants to be. Legally she can move without your consent, opinion or input. You need to stop your children from moving.

LdiJ

How much time do you spend with the children? What is the distance between your homes now? What will the distance be if she moves?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">