• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can one get married on the same day as divorced?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nina77z

What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, California

I have my final hearing for my divorce in a few weeks time. It's a long story so I won't get into it....... basically it took us 6 years to get this divorce. No complications though.

Anyways my fiancee of 4 years and myself are wondering if we can get married on the same day that I get my divorce. There is a good reason why, I will explain if asked.

Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Nina77z said:
What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, California

I have my final hearing for my divorce in a few weeks time. It's a long story so I won't get into it....... basically it took us 6 years to get this divorce. No complications though.

Anyways my fiancee of 4 years and myself are wondering if we can get married on the same day that I get my divorce. There is a good reason why, I will explain if asked.

Thank you

My response:

Unlike some States that have a waiting period after a dissolution is final, California has no such waiting period. The day and moment you have that signed and dated order in your hot, little hands, is the day you can get married again.

IAAL

N

Nina77z

Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

I just happened to go to the last message you posted ....... the one to Crank...re the lawyers over the internet...... and I was sorely disappointed to see how you handled the situation. On your profile you mentioned that you are a partner to a firm.....and have had a number of years experience. None of that showed in your postings. You sounded like a scorned child. You are definately prejudiced and seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. Someone in your position should not be taking America on your shoulders and speaking for us.

Also fyi America is made up from all the other countries of the world......so amercians should be the last people to be prejudiced!

But hey thanks for the info again. I wish you would have answered that guy in the same way you answered me.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Nina77z said:
Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.

I just happened to go to the last message you posted ....... the one to Crank...re the lawyers over the internet...... and I was sorely disappointed to see how you handled the situation. On your profile you mentioned that you are a partner to a firm.....and have had a number of years experience. None of that showed in your postings. You sounded like a scorned child. You are definately prejudiced and seem like you have a chip on your shoulder. Someone in your position should not be taking America on your shoulders and speaking for us.

Also fyi America is made up from all the other countries of the world......so amercians should be the last people to be prejudiced!

But hey thanks for the info again. I wish you would have answered that guy in the same way you answered me.

My response:

It makes no difference if I'm a lawyer or a ditch digger. When it comes to America, I'm one of the biggest flag wavers you'll ever find. My station in life has nothing to do with my political beliefs, and when it comes to other nations "flipping us off", I will be one of the first to tell those people to "bite rocks."

That's my way of returning Canada's kindnesses towards the United States. Screw them!

I am American, FIRST!

IAAL

N

Nina77z

My response:

It makes no difference if I'm a lawyer or a ditch digger. When it comes to America, I'm one of the biggest flag wavers you'll ever find. My station in life has nothing to do with my political beliefs, and when it comes to other nations "flipping us off", I will be one of the first to tell those people to "bite rocks."

That's my way of returning Canada's kindnesses towards the United States. Screw them!

I am American, FIRST!

IAAL

Dear IAAL,

I understand what you are saying BUT you did mix up "your station in life with your political beliefs" ...... otherwise you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.

If you truly believe in your political leaders and what they do, then you don't have to answer to anyone who "flips you off". Just take it in your stride and continue to be proud. Pointing your finger to others will only get more fingers pointing at you.

All that said...... keep up the good work with helping others........... I just hope you will help everyone who lives in this country and not only "Americans".

N

Nina77z

hey Momma Tiger!! Was I talking to you?

Is that all you have to say?

It seems you like to use that phrase often. Stop being a "cow" and following others.... say something of interest or shut up, it only makes you look dumb. I'm sure IAAL doesn't need your vote.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Nina77z said:
hey Momma Tiger!! Was I talking to you?

Is that all you have to say?

It seems you like to use that phrase often. Stop being a "cow" and following others.... say something of interest or shut up, it only makes you look dumb. I'm sure IAAL doesn't need your vote.
TAFFAARD, Nina. I've never used that phrase here before, so you're full of it. This is a public board and once you post, you open yourself up to responses from any registered member, so get used to it.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I like Momma_Tiger's vote. She may be from New Jersey, but she's still an American, and one that's smart, articulate, and assists wisely on these Forums. That means more to me than some goddamned Canadian who can't read the rules, or who has no empathy for the trials and tribulations that this country is facing.

No, my dear. Momma_Tiger is just wonderful in my "book."

IAAL

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
kidoday said:
I don't have a clue what that means, but it struck me as funny. Maybe I will start using it when I call people names. You TAFFAARD!:p
It's more of a command ;-) I'd be more than happy to translate if you like, or if you prefer to try and work it out, that's fine, too.

And IAAL - you forgot that I have a great sense of humor and am relatively cute. And I'm a kick-ass parent. ;)

N

Nina77z

Nice one !!!!

A true showmanship of being a "kick ass parent". You just shot yourself in the toe my dear!!

Maybe that's why our country is in such turmoil. Nothing will change until people change their attitudes and start growing up.
This is not a direct hit to you Momma tiger.....I just had to put it out there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">