• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can the other woman be sued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shan3012

I live in Alabama and my question is can the other woman be sued by the wife if there is a divorce or if the husband and wife reconcile?

Last edited:

Antigone*

I live in Montgomery, AL and my question is can the other woman be sued by the wife if there is a divorce or if the husband and wife reconcile?
Why doesn't the wife sue the husband???

What proof does the wife have that "the other" woman even knew the cheating & lying hubby was married:cool:

shan3012

Wife don't have proof and yes she know's he is married. But the husband and wife are not living together.

Antigone*

Wife don't have proof and yes she know's he is married. But the husband and wife are not living together.
Let's just keep it real. If hubby cannot keep his belt on, then it is not the other woman's fault. Wife should divorce hubby, and take him to the cleaners. If she is an idiot and stays with the lying cheat scumbag, then she's gotten what she deserves.

There is no suing the other woman...okay;)

shan3012

The reason for the questions is that in the state of alabama there is a law against adultery? I just wanted to be clear about who can be sued and for what?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The reason for the questions is that in the state of alabama there is a law against adultery? I just wanted to be clear about who can be sued and for what?
Don't sleep with married men (unless the man is married to you) and this won't be an issue for you.

Gracie3787

I live in Alabama and my question is can the other woman be sued by the wife if there is a divorce or if the husband and wife reconcile?
What you are referring to is an alienation of affection lawsuit, which is not available in Alabama.

It never ceases to amaze me that the other woman is always blamed. Why can't wives accept the reality that they should be mad at thier husband, unless he was literally raped?

jbdhayes

It never ceases to amaze me that the other woman is always blamed. Why can't wives accept the reality that they should be mad at thier husband, unless he was literally raped?
Seriously! My ex cheated on me and you know who I blamed? Him! I, of course, asked them if they knew that he and I were together. The answer was always, "He told me you guys broke up". The little head does talk!

Unless the other woman keyed your car, I don't see a reason to sue.

RRevak

While she may not be able to be sued personally, what she WILL possibly face is a very broke cheating boyfriend when his WIFE divorces him and sues the pants off him for everything he owns. OP better start saving her pennies now so she can afford to support her new toy once the divorce dust settles.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">