• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can Public order and good principles deprive citizens of their right of succession?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

william wang

ok,this case hapened in China,i want to know what it will be if in the U.S .
i'd like to Consulting for my friend Jane , she met a guy Bob seven years ago , and they were fond each other very well , and bob taught her that he was married , but he didn't love his wife , since bob met my friend , he separated with his wife but not divoced for some reason. and jane and bob lived together for four years , until bob got sick , it's advanced cancer. after that, jane spent her all to take care of bob for three years . and before bob died he wrote a testament that after his death ,jane will get all his personal heritage. well ,then bob dead. jane were so sad but she didnt forget the testament. She ask bob's wife to implementation of the Heritage. but bob's wife refused. then jane sue to the court, and then the court quote the The principle of public order and good morals, does not support the prosecution of jane's.
and i wanna know what if this kind things happened in states, and how we application of The principle of public order and good morals, is that can fair enough to against the effectiveness of the testament without any restrictions. :confused:

Proserpina

Nobody can predict a "what if" situation with any real accuracy, I'm afraid.

(also Chinese law is completely different to American law)

justalayman

and i wanna know what if this kind things happened in states, and how we application of The principle of public order and good morals, is that can fair enough to against the effectiveness of the testament without any restrictions. :confused:
we have 50 states here and each has it's own laws. They differ as to how a wife is treated so, knowing that:

generally a man can will his possessions to whomever he desires BUT there are generally laws in place so a wife is not left with absolutely nothing (dower rights). The assignment of assets would generally not be controlled by what you are calling:

f
The principle of public order and good morals
we tend to be allowed to direct our property as desired without interference as long as any applicable dower laws are provided for first.

william wang

we have 50 states here and each has it's own laws. They differ as to how a wife is treated so, knowing that:

generally a man can will his possessions to whomever he desires BUT there are generally laws in place so a wife is not left with absolutely nothing (dower rights). The assignment of assets would generally not be controlled by what you are calling:

f

we tend to be allowed to direct our property as desired without interference as long as any applicable dower laws are provided for first.
Your reply let me have a beneficial understanding of the common law ,thank you for doin so .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">