• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can she change her mind

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DivorceME

What is the name of your state? NJ

Hope someone can help me with this one. I'm getting a divorce and everything is being settled outside of court. The court hearing hasn't taken place yet, but the soon to be X won't stop calling and after one call she said that she might change her mind about the whole divorce. A court date is already set for next month, but can she go back and change anything that is already been signed and in writing? We had a house and it was signed over to me and money was given to her. Could she all of a sudden say that she wants the house? Or does this not matter because she already signed it over to me? Thank you. I really hope someone can help me with this.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Until a judge signs the order, nothing's cast in stone. But she'll need a good reason for why she's backing out of an agreement now.

D

DivorceME

Thank you. She just won't leave me alone and I don't know what to do and being nice doesn't work. I just don't want her to find some strange reason to turn around and say that she wants my house.

V

VeeGee

Like momma said....as long as a judge didn't sign those papers yet anything can happen. It took me and my ex a year to get divorced. We signed papers and changed them a million times...either I disagreed on something or he did. Those papers went back and forth, and as long as it wasn't signed by the judge, we were able to do this. But it's true...she has to have a good reason for changing her mind about the house. Good luck!

O

OnlyOneVoice

Another kicker is that if she changes her mind about the house she would have to return any and all payments you made to her regarding the equity of the house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">