• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can she do that?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyrg

confused: In Colorado: Can my wife divorce me If I refuse to cooporate? I can't stop her from leaving me, but I am still commited to her. Is it possible for her to legally divorce me if I refuse to sign documents? I am willing to go to any court hearings and be available for any type of responses I may need to make(we still live in the same town), but I won't willingly be apart of the divorce. Because of my stance does that put me a disadvantage for rights with my children? She has no reason for wanting a divorce except that she doesn't love me. Please advise....

Just Blue

confused: In Colorado: Can my wife divorce me If I refuse to cooporate? I can't stop her from leaving me, but I am still commited to her. Is it possible for her to legally divorce me if I refuse to sign documents? I am willing to go to any court hearings and be available for any type of responses I may need to make(we still live in the same town), but I won't willingly be apart of the divorce. Because of my stance does that put me a disadvantage for rights with my children? She has no reason for wanting a divorce except that she doesn't love me. Please advise....
Gee, that would be a VERY good reason for a divorce!!!! Why would you want to be married to someone that no longer loves you?? Call it an end and find someone that feels the same as you do!

To answer your question: Yes! She can obtain a divorce despite the fact you don't want it!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
confused: In Colorado: Can my wife divorce me If I refuse to cooporate?
Yes.

I can't stop her from leaving me, but I am still commited to her.
That is nice.

Is it possible for her to legally divorce me if I refuse to sign documents?
Yes. Because your signature is not needed.

I am willing to go to any court hearings and be available for any type of responses I may need to make(we still live in the same town), but I won't willingly be apart of the divorce.
Depending on the grounds she alleges you may be able to delay the divorce but not stop it.

Because of my stance does that put me a disadvantage for rights with my children?
That could if you do not ask for custody of your children if the divorce is granted.

She has no reason for wanting a divorce except that she doesn't love me. Please advise....

Nothing we can really say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">