• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can she even divorce me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

here is a list of the resons for divorce in Ohio.
DivorceNet - Ohio Grounds for Divorce
What are the grounds for divorce in Ohio?

(A) Either party had a husband or wife living at the time of the marriage from which the divorce is sought;

(B) Willful absence of the adverse party for one year;

(C) Adultery;

(D) Extreme cruelty;

(E) Fraudulent contract;

(F) Any gross neglect of duty;

(G) Habitual drunkenness;

(H) Imprisonment of the adverse party in a state or federal correctional institution at the time of filing the complaint;

(I) Procurement of a divorce outside this state, by a husband or wife, by virtue of which the party who procured it is released from the obligations of the marriage, while those obligations remain binding upon the other party;

(J) On the application of either party, when husband and wife have, without interruption for one year, lived separate and apart without cohabitation;

(K) Incompatibility, unless denied by either party.

The ONLY one she can even TRY for is K and I will deney that truthfully.

Can she even file for divorce?

LdiJ

(A) Either party had a husband or wife living at the time of the marriage from which the divorce is sought;

(C) Adultery;

(D) Extreme cruelty;

(E) Fraudulent contract;

(H) Imprisonment of the adverse party in a state or federal correctional institution at the time of filing the complaint;

(I) Procurement of a divorce outside this state, by a husband or wife, by virtue of which the party who procured it is released from the obligations of the marriage, while those obligations remain binding upon the other party;

(J) On the application of either party, when husband and wife have, without interruption for one year, lived separate and apart without cohabitation;

Those are the grounds if you want a FAULT divorce. I believe that Ohio also has no fault divorce.

Farfalla

How can a person deny incompatibility when one person says it exists?

Why do you want to force someone to stay married to you when they want a divorce?

She can get a no fault divorce if you want it or not.

Your best bet now is to protect your interests if she files.

Farfalla

Ok I took some time to go back and find our many threads... please do keep it all in one place.

It's been over a week since she left. She's threatening to take your son. Does not matter if you want a divorce or not. She can get one. Your main concern is to protect your relationship with your son. Have you seen an attorney yet to get an order in place so that she cannot take your son out of state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

(C) Adultery;

(D) Extreme cruelty;

(E) Fraudulent contract;

Then you will be admitting that you are fine with EVERYTHING she wants and agree with everything she believes marriage is. You can agree with that truthfully? :rolleyes: Give me break. Grow up. She can file for divorce. Most likely under D, E, and F. Plus Incompatibility PLUS by the time you reach the final hearing most likely separate and apart for over a year.

mistoffolees

Then you will be admitting that you are fine with EVERYTHING she wants and agree with everything she believes marriage is. You can agree with that truthfully? :rolleyes: Give me break. Grow up. She can file for divorce. Most likely under D, E, and F. Plus Incompatibility PLUS by the time you reach the final hearing most likely separate and apart for over a year.
OP really needs to see an attorney ASAP. One thread after another with 'facts' being fairly flexible from one thread to the next.

It's time to get this straightened out rather than stumbling along providing partial information to an anonymous web site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">