• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can't afford a lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elli_mae66

What is the name of your state? illinois. i have always taken care of my son and my disable father. my hours have been cut to36 hours a week. my husband moved out a year ago and i have been paying for the house which is $300 a month. i went bankrupsy in my name only so now my house is included and i have to pay on time or else i loose the house. he will not help me pay for it but he wants me to pay him $10,000 for his half which i still owe $10,000 on it. and the title is still in both of our names. he is now living in the mobile home my father payed for and is on his(father) land. my husband also wants the mobile home. he will not pay my father any lot rent or nothing. the mobile home was bought buy my father before we were married, but all 3 names is on the title. my father had boughten a rider lawnmover and my husband came and got that too and the cops said that i can't do nothing about it because we don't have a receipt for it. he has only 1 lot to mow and i have 6 lots to mow. my husband has taken just about everything and selling them. we called the law when he took the rider and the cops said that i couldn't do anything about it. so about a week later i needed to mow my grass and called him for the rider and he said no. i called the cops and they told me that i could be arrested if i go on the land and take the rider without husband permission. but he was aloud to do it me. i am having a very hard time making it and can't afford to get a lawyer. i use to work 48 to 60 hours a week for 6 years and now they cut us to only 40 hours a week and now starting monday we are being cut to 36 hours a week. i don't know how i am going to make it without loosing the house and them me, my son, and father will have no were to live because husband is living in the mobile home which my father pay for(50,000) and me and my father can't step on the land without getting arrested. Why is this? I need help real bad. I don't know what to do. can't afford an lawyer. husband has not payed for nothing but wants everything because i want a divorce and he says i have to pay since i want it.what can i do? please help me

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">