• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't get charges dropped?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vicaever

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Arkansas

My husband and I got into a fight, and I called the police. They had me fill out a form on what happened. They said they could arrest him. The next day they told me they had 12 hrs to arrest him, and they didn't. 2 days later they arrested him and charged him with terristic threatening and a class d felony. I did not want to have him charged for a felony, and didn't know that they could proceed without me signing something else. Now it is a big mess. The prosecuting attorney will not return my calls. I have left messages that I don't want to press charges, and I want them dropped. He won't return my calls. Do I have to testify against my husband, and will I be in trouble because I started the whole thing?? :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">