• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can't let kids go with their mother???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misslinda454

My husband and I live in the state of Missouri and have joint custody of his three children with their mother being the primary custodian. The mother and the children have been living with her parents. She took off two weeks ago and was not to be heard from until after the Grandparents brought the boys over to our house. She is saying that she wants to take them back for Christmas after she told her parents that she was going to run with them. Isn't her just taking off considered abandonment? We don't have to give the kids back do we? We have our lawyer filing an emergency injunction now.

LdiJ

misslinda454 said:
My husband and I live in the state of Missouri and have joint custody of his three children with their mother being the primary custodian. The mother and the children have been living with her parents. She took off two weeks ago and was not to be heard from until after the Grandparents brought the boys over to our house. She is saying that she wants to take them back for Christmas after she told her parents that she was going to run with them. Isn't her just taking off considered abandonment? We don't have to give the kids back do we? We have our lawyer filing an emergency injunction now.
Until or unless a judge gives you emergency custody you are obligated to follow the existing court orders. Mom can bring the police to your door with the custody orders.

Its iffy whether or not a judge would feel that being gone for two weeks constituted abandonment. Obviously she was in contact with the grandparents or she wouldn't have known that the children were with you.

BelizeBreeze

misslinda454 said:
First of all, HE has joint custody, you have NOTHING!...
Second, either HE gives the children back or he goes to jail.

Not that was simple wasn't it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">