• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mauricetill

What is the name of your state? Maryalnd

My wife and I bought a car that we both had our names on the loan? She then went behind my back and did a consolidated loan and forged my signature. (I found out through the bank after we separated).

The car was now included in the consolidated loan, and both our names are on it.

Since separated, she then went and bought a new car in her name only and she had the the car company she bought the car from paid off the loan and included it in her car note.

She only told me that the consolidated loan was being paid off and they took the car.

How does this affect me in any way, is she required she pay me since my name was on the loan?

You all have really been helpful, because this has been so frustrating for me. Thanks for all your help.

LdiJ

mauricetill said:
What is the name of your state? Maryalnd

My wife and I bought a car that we both had our names on the loan? She then went behind my back and did a consolidated loan and forged my signature. (I found out through the bank after we separated).

The car was now included in the consolidated loan, and both our names are on it.

Since separated, she then went and bought a new car in her name only and she had the the car company she bought the car from paid off the loan and included it in her car note.

She only told me that the consolidated loan was being paid off and they took the car.

How does this affect me in any way, is she required she pay me since my name was on the loan?

You all have really been helpful, because this has been so frustrating for me. Thanks for all your help.
Are you saying that the car was repossed because she didn't pay the consolidated loan?

Or are you saying that she paid off the consolidated loan in her financing of her new car?

Your post isn't clear.

LdiJ

mauricetill said:
She included in the financing of her car.
In that case it shouldn't have any effect on you. The loan that contained your name is now paid off.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">