• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case Law On Name Change That Is a Junior.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Getyours1

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

Hello I am looking for case law, rulings, statues anything to help with a case.

There is a divorce that is being handled right now that I am trying to help the Father's Side.

The Child's name is that of his father's with Junior at the end. The mother being bitter about the divorce wants to add her own last name to the child's therefore that would take from the child actually being a Junior. That has been explained to her but it looks like this might be one of the things that actually will make this case go to court.

Please help with any case law, rulings, statues anything to show that NO the name change is not possible if the Jr. is to be kept.

Thank you!

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

Hello I am looking for case law, rulings, statues anything to help with a case.

There is a divorce that is being handled right now that I am trying to help the Father's Side.

The Child's name is that of his father's with Junior at the end. The mother being bitter about the divorce wants to add her own last name to the child's therefore that would take from the child actually being a Junior. That has been explained to her but it looks like this might be one of the things that actually will make this case go to court.

Please help with any case law, rulings, statues anything to show that NO the name change is not possible if the Jr. is to be kept.

Thank you!
This is not possible.

GENERALLY it must be shown that a name change or hyphenated name would be in the child's best interest.

How old is the child?

Getyours1

Just over a year. The are married & seperated about 9 months ago. As of yet it was to stay out of the court he obtained and attorney and had an agreement drawn up & when she finally realized oh he is seriously she went and found some attorney & when the agreement came back that was the only change to it she says she will fight to have.

He is not going to budge & I do not think he should. If the child had any other name added to his then it wouldn't make him a Junior.

I am just trying to find some sort of case law or something for his attorney to say hey look besides hell no here is the back up to it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">