• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

casn husband kick me out in pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxy38

What is the name of your state? Pa
my husband is controlling, a drunk about 3x a month.coming home stumblein drunk fallin into baby walker and stuff.
he wants a divorce and is telling me he can kick me out and keep our kids, house is in both of our names. I have no job, or car, i am home taking care of 7month old and 2 yr old that are his, i also have a 9 year old and 2 over 18 yr olds.
can he kick me out and keep his children? i have no money for att. and dont have alot of opions in this county. please advise me
thank you

Bali Hai

roxy38 said:
What is the name of your state? Pa
my husband is controlling, a drunk about 3x a month.coming home stumblein drunk fallin into baby walker and stuff.

The baby walker is a good one to tell the judge.

he wants a divorce and is telling me he can kick me out and keep our kids, house is in both of our names. I have no job, or car, i am home taking care of 7month old and 2 yr old that are his, i also have a 9 year old and 2 over 18 yr olds.

Good trap.

can he kick me out and keep his children?

Sure he can if you let him.

i have no money for att. and dont have alot of opions in this county. please advise me
thank you
Put a dime between your knees and keep it there unless sitting on a toilet.

LdiJ

baystategirl said:
No..He can't kick you out.
He can't kick you out and you can't kick him out. So stand up to him....and call the police if he gets abusive.

In the meantime, get yourself a job, because you are going to need one.

ceara19

All of the advice you have gotten is great. But while your in the proccess of getting out of this marriage, install a keyless deadbolt. If he can't manage to drag his drunk a$$ home at a descent hour, LOCK IT. If he gets pissed and tries to break in call the police. It's not against the law to break into your own house, but they can arrest him for public intoxication if he's outside falling down drunk trying to get into the house. Sure he's probably going to be REALLY pissed, but would you rather him come in drunk and hurt you or the kids?

roxy38

husband kicking me out

Put a dime between my legs?? sorry that is a rude statement, i got on here for advice not to be put down.
yes i have called legal aid.
they cant deal with that, must get a att.
also, want to work, he has me home with kids.

Just Blue

roxy38 said:
Put a dime between my legs?? sorry that is a rude statement, i got on here for advice not to be put down.
yes i have called legal aid.
they cant deal with that, must get a att.
also, want to work, he has me home with kids.

Does he have a gun to your head??...If not...put the kids in daycare and get a job...

kimbertris

baystategirl said:
[/U][/B]

Does he have a gun to your head??...If not...put the kids in daycare and get a job...
wow..i see that everyone has the easy answer for you. Only I know that it's not that simple...I'm in similar situation re: stay at home and no car and no money. It seems no one in this forum has any respect for stay at home moms or the bs they put up with. Wish I had some advice for you, but I can only wish you best of luck.

M

Mr. Naive

i second what kim just said... and i also find the off the cuff dime remarks a lil bit insensititive as well.

this is her life we're talking about, and a lil sensitivity wouldn't hurt.
sorry to sound like the almighty here, but for god sake, straight forward legal advice is one thing, jokes and slights as a responses to questions from someone who is obviously in need of guidance, and who has come here in good faith to get some advice from legal professionals, well i'm sorry, surely you people are better than this.

good luck roxy, whatever the truth of your situation is, i personally wouldn't follow any advice that tells you to confront a drunk, especially while that person is drunk. the law may or may not be of immediate help here, and like some have said above, you've gotta start helping yourself, for your sake and for the sake of the kids.

try and calmly and sincerely let your other half know just how much you are hurting, we can be stupid sometimes and not hear a primal scream, and not take notice of the hurt of people so close to us, and if he is not listening, then definitely you gotta look for a way out, and don't wait until things have progressed to the point that you are gonna get really hurt.

it's gonna be rough, i'm going thru some s##t myself now that i never expected, that's why i'm here reading through the threads. sorry, i'm not qualified to give you legal advice, but only tell you what i'm sure you already know, that you are definitely not alone.

good luck

mr. naive

Last edited:

Just Blue

kimbertris said:
wow..i see that everyone has the easy answer for you. Only I know that it's not that simple...I'm in similar situation re: stay at home and no car and no money. It seems no one in this forum has any respect for stay at home moms or the bs they put up with. Wish I had some advice for you, but I can only wish you best of luck.

Excuse me?? I have respect for all mothers, stay at home or working!! The OP is in a bind...she can not stay at home anymore!! And any "b.s." you get is your own choice!! I HAVE been there...look at some of my past post! OP has a choice...change her future...or not..HER choice! Only she can control her life...or make the choice to LET him control her life!!

ceara19

baystategirl said:
Excuse me?? I have respect for all mothers, stay at home or working!! The OP is in a bind...she can not stay at home anymore!! And any "b.s." you get is your own choice!! I HAVE been there...look at some of my past post! OP has a choice...change her future...or not..HER choice! Only she can control her life...or make the choice to LET him control her life!!
And just this morning, everyone here was being accused of ALWAYS siding with lazy mothers that choose not to work! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">